A Few Interesting Things Happening This Week (November 14 – 20)
1. BGA Idea Forum: Police Reform in Chicago @ The Conaway Center (Monday, November 21) – The Better Government Association is hosting a panel discussion to discuss the state of police reform in Chicago after last year’s release of the Laquan McDonald video. Some of the featured panelists include members of the Chicago PD, NAACP, and Journalists. From 5:00 – 6:30pm. Details here: http://www.bettergov.org/bga-
2. The Oh Yeahs @ The California Clipper (Tuesday, November 22) – The California Clipper is an old school cocktail lounge in West Town and the ‘Oh Yeahs’ are playing a set starting at 9:30pm and $5 cover. The Oh Yeahs is an all-female acoustic group based in Chicago. Here are the details: http://californiaclipper.com/
3. Thanksgiving Parade @ Loop (Thursday, November 24) – The annual Thanksgiving Parade is on again and goes from 8 – 11am. The parade starts in the South Loop at Congress & State St. It heads North and ends at Randolph & State. Details here: http://www.chicagofestivals.
4. Thankgiving Dinner Options – (Thursday, November 24) – If you’re staying in town and not looking to cook this year, this article has a nice summary of Thanksgiving dinner options around the city. http://chicago.eater.com/maps/
One that’s not on the list is this insanely decadent Thanksgiving buffet spread at the Drake Hotel. http://www.thedrakehotel.com/
5. Zoo Lights @ Lincoln Park Zoo – (Friday, November 25) – They are going to flip on the Zoo lights this Friday at 4:25pm. In addition to the lights there’s going to be a number of festive activities held at the Zoo to ring in the holidays. Details here: http://www.lpzoo.org/