A Few Interesting Things Happening This Week (November 14 – 20)
1. Super Full Moon Gatherings (Monday, November 14) – On Monday evening at 5:08pm, a super full moon will rise which will be the largest full moon in almost 70 years. There’s a few watch events happening.
2. All You Can Eat Crab @ Smack Shack (Wednesday, November 16) –There’s a new-ish restaurant in West Loop called Smack Shack that specializes in seafood. On Wednesday, they are hosting an all you can eat crab fest. I’ve been it’s legit. From 6-9pm and costs $35. Details here: https://nightout.com/events/
3. Race and Capitalism Panel Discussion @ U of Chicago (Thursday, November 17) – The Race and Capitalism project presents a panel discussion with lecturers from MIT, Occidental, UIC, and East Carolina University. Central questions discussed include: 1) What is the relationship between racial and economic inequality; 2) How has the relationship between various racial and ethnic groups, the economy and civil society changed over time; and 3) What theoretical approaches to the studies of capitalism and race best explain the empirical reality of 21st century capitalism. From 4:30 – 6pm and Free. Details here: https://www.facebook.com/
4. Adler After Dark @ Adler Planetarium (Thursday, November 17) – 21+ and older event held at the planetarium. The whole place is opened up for adults looking to sip booze and be wowed by science. The theme for this time around is ‘Weird Science.’ From 6-10pm; Tickets are $20. Details here: https://tickets.
5. ‘Hello From The Magic Tavern’ podcast @ The Athenaeum Theater (Saturday, November 19) – This week is the Chicago Podcast Festival where a number of your favorite podcasts are going to be recorded live across different venues across the city. I wanted to highlight “Hello From The Magic Tavern,’ as one to go to because it is perhaps one of the best improvised comedy podcasts out there. Show starts at 7pm; Tickets starts at $27. Details here: http://chicagopodcastfestival.